Teacher Program Application
The program is now enrolling candidates.
Who can Apply:
- In accordance to state law, you must be at least 18 years of age and hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Endorsements offered: Elementary Education, English Language Arts, Mathematics and World Language, Social Studies, Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Biology, and Chemistry.
- To complete the application you will need to answer all questions and copy/attach a written statement and a resume that lists your experience with children.
- Please have these items ready to submit as you can't save the application once you've started.
- An application will only be considered complete once all materials have been submitted.
- Have your writing sample ready to submit. The prompt is: Each classroom is a reflection of the teacher that runs it. At the beginning of the year you will need to set the mood and expectations for your students. Write a letter to the parents of the students in your class explaining what they can expect from your class. This letter should be no more than one page.
- Completed online application with writing sample and resume.
- WEST-B scores, (see Testing information page on new State law)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, these can be copies for now. Official transcripts are required for program completion after being accepted to the program.
- If you have any content tests taken (WEST E/NES), include the scores on the application. These do not have to be taken before acceptance to the program.
Please send supplementary materials to:
Northwest Educational Development
2522 N Proctor St #377
Tacoma, WA 98406